Wednesday, August 27, 2014


Slow Cookin' Ketchup

EASY way to Make YOUR own ketchup

Be sure to Share so you will have this for later
And if YOU love recipes be sure to FOLLOW me.. I make and post ALOT of my own personal ones... check out my albums https://www.facebook.com/holly.capron.5
You will need:
4 lbs tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp each: crushed cinnamon, whole allspice, whole cloves, peppercorns, and celery seeds
1 bay leaf
What you I do:
Wash Tomatoes.. remove stems...quarter them..then I puree them in my nutribullet...each cup full I add a tiny bit of the vinegar..
Place in slow cooker.. then add the rest of the vinegar, sugar and salt.. stir well
Pace remaining spices either in a cheesecloth tied up or what I use is one of those pewter tea balls...and then place it down in the center of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker.
Cook on low with NO LID...for approx. 8 to 10 hours... stir every hour or so
Then I put in canning jars and water bath them for 15 min.
ENJOY 💫
#hollyshelpinhand #hollysrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment